Starpath Dolls Are Multi-ethnic BFFs With Shared Adventures in Customized Books
Alexandria, VA (April 26, 2017) – Everyone needs a best friend (or, BFF, as today’s kids call them). BFFs provide us with companionship, acceptance, and love. They also give us a partner with whom we can share new experiences that help us to learn about ourselves and our world. The experiences can be as simple as exploring the woods or streets near our homes, riding the school bus together or imagining adventures in exotic places like India or fairy tale kingdoms.
When we think of BFFs for our kids we naturally think of other children. But BFFs come in all stripes. Dogs and cats, imaginary friends, and, of course, if you ask children, many will tell you that their favorite doll gives them companionship, acceptance, and love. And while most of us only get to daydream about exotic adventures, children lucky enough to have Starpath Dolls for BFFs, get to imagine them in a deeper and more exciting way.
Starpath Dolls ($79), a brand new toy concept is giving the doll/child experience a whole new meaningful and fun level where girls ages 5-9 can escape into magical, personalized chapter books starring them and their dolls. After four years of planning and meticulous manufacturing, Starpath Dolls are ready to debut. The line is sold online at http://www.StarpathDolls.com and at select retailers with a collection of four dolls.
The company also offers customizable chapter books that complement the dolls. Each Personalized Book, written by award-winning authors, is centered on shared adventures between two girl companions. The books can be personalized with details from the child’s world, placing her inside the book with her doll as her fellow adventurer. The books are personalized and ordered online and the information about how to do this is explained clearly on the doll’s box. The books are available as a paperback or as an electronic book that can instantly be downloaded into an iPad or other electronic device.
The Starpath Dolls experience is quick, fun and easy. Girls, or parents and gift givers, can choose from four unique 18-inch dolls—Morning Star, Shining Star, Wishing Star and Wandering Star—and then visit the enchanting Starpath Dolls website to create their personalized book. Starting with one of two chapter books, “A Fairy Tale Gone Wrong” or “Tiger Magic,” families can either enter their child’s and doll’s given names, or make up entirely new ones for the names of the story’s characters. They then answer a series of fun questions about the child’s world and favorite things. These details are woven throughout every page of the book, making it truly her story and serving as a wonderful “memory book” of her personality. Each one-of-a-kind book arrives by mail within one to two weeks.
“A Fairy Tale Gone Wrong” • ebook, $15 and paperback book, $20
Written by award-winning author Suzanne Williams, who has written nearly 40 books for children, in this chapter book, the girl and her friend find themselves accidently trapped inside the Cinderella story. It is up to them to keep the story on track so Cinderella will wind up with her prince and they can return home safely. Recommended for ages 5 -8 years old.
“Tiger Magic” • ebook, $15 and paperback book, $20
Written by award-winning author, Mitali Perkins, “Tiger Magic” is an adventure story where the child and her doll friend find themselves on a magical adventure in the jungles of India. After learning about life in an Indian village, it is up to them to protect a tiger cub from poachers. Recommended for ages 5 – 9 years old.
The four exquisitely designed and produced, vinyl 18-inch dolls were created by renowned porcelain doll designer Linda Mason. Each doll has a unique and relatable personality for children to bond with and become instant BFFs. Each doll can wear the interchangeable fashionable and fairy tale-style clothing that bring the stories to life. Clothing, which will be sold separately, includes four outfits, along with a set of Comfy Pajamas, a stylish Ball Gown or a flowing Sari and accessories. Each doll has unique qualities for children to bond with and become instant BFFs.
- Morning Star ($79) – Shines so bright, her smile lights up the sky. She’s happy and fun in every way and ready for any adventure that comes her way.
- Shining Star ($79) – Bubbly and playful, makes friends wherever she goes. With her twinkling laugh and loyal ways she can be counted on for a great time and amazing memories that last.
- Wishing Star ($79) – Tell this friend all your dreams and secrets. Life is full of new opportunities and adventures and she is a friend you can trust with all your ideas.
- Wandering Star ($79) – Curiosity always leads her on an exploration of new things to learn and exciting discoveries. Silly and mischievous she always finds hidden treasures and many amazing wonders.
In addition to the dolls and the books, Starpath Dolls will be selling beautiful, plush animals that were featured in the stories.
- Tiger Plush • $15.50 – Direct from the jungles of India comes a snuggly, plush tiger. This 8” plush tiger comes directly from the pages of “Tiger Magic,” the exotic adventure story that is one of the Starpath Dolls chapter books.
- Swan Plush • $14 – From the royal, fairy tale stream comes a luxurious, white, plush swan. This 8” plush swan is taken from the pages of “A Fairy Tale Gone Wrong,” the exciting adventure story that is one of the Starpath Dolls chapter books.
Additionally, there are seven outfits that can be purchased separately (four come on the dolls but can all be purchased for other dolls):
- Fresh & Fun Halter Sweater and Sandals • $24
- Sassy Blue Dress and Shoes • $24
- Pajamas with Blanket and Slippers • $24
- Pretty in Pink with Boots • $24
- Fairy Tale Pink Ball Gown • $26
- Play Clothes with Gym Shoes • $24
- Indian Sari gown with Shoes and Shawl • $26
WHERE TO FIND STARPATH DOLLS
Starpath Dolls will be available online and at select retailers throughout the United States at nearly half the price of the top-selling doll in today’s market. For more information, visit http://www.StarpathDolls.com.
ABOUT STARPATH DOLLS
Created by a mother and a young daughter who love to read, Starpath Dolls are designed to inspire a love of reading while encouraging girls to see themselves in worlds outside their own. According to Anita Winsor, Starpath founder and CEO, “Starpath Dolls enable a girl to go on her own journey into the exciting world of her book. Her doll, who becomes her traveling companion and friend, further brings the story to life.”