Thanks for your interest in KidStuff PR clients! Every day we get requests to have our clients’ products featured on websites and blogs, and we take the time to evaluate every request. We understand the power of websites and blogs and enjoy working with them because they offer an unbeatable way to contact our target audience– moms, dads and caretakers! If you’re interested in hosting a review or giveaway of KidStuff PR products on your blog or website, please read the guidelines below:
- Reviews should be thoughtfully written. We don’t want you to just copy and paste our press release into a post. We send bloggers a sample of the product to review and use with children or adults of the target age, which is what we expect them to do. When bloggers share their personal experiences and opinions with their readers, both the readers and our clients get a greater benefit from the review. Of course, the factual information in our press release is there for you to supplement your post.
- Reviews should be lengthy. Summarizing the products’ features and physical characteristics in one paragraph isn’t a review– readers can get that themselves by visiting the client’s website.
- We prefer posts to be coupled with an image. Readers may forget the name of the product, but will often remember what it looks like. We can always provide a photo for web use, so just ask! It’s even better when a blogger posts images of their children using the product, or better yet– a video of their child using the product!
- Blogs that we work with tend to be review related rather than personal or deal-based. If your blog is largely about the every day goings-on in your house, or consists mainly of round-ups of the best coupons and deals around, that’s great– but that isn’t a great fit for our clients. We work with blogs that parents across the country visit regularly to find in-depth product reviews that they can count on.
- Posts need to be timely. We don’t want to send you a sample in August, and see the review posted in January. Many times the products we send out are chosen specifically for that time of year and we hope they can be reviewed within a few weeks.
- Finally, and most importantly, your blog needs to have an established readership base. Generally, we judge that by the unique visitors per month and the number of entries in contests. At minimum, a blog should have 7,500 unique visitors a month, and get an average of 150 entrants per contest. We feel this is a fair number considering the cost associated with product samples and shipping. If you are going to host a giveaway or review, we need to have some confidence that enough people will see the post to justify costs. We never ask for products to be returned; we agree the product is part of your compensation.
**Many blogs offer “additional entry opportunities” to their readers. Note that we take this into consideration when evaluating a blog. If there’s an opportunity for 4 additional entries by twittering the post or subscribing to a newsletter etc., since most entrants utilize these additional opportunities, 150 comments are actually more like 25-30 people.**
If you think your blog would be a good fit, please fill out our blogger form and we look forward to working with you!